Tara LaClair is a director and serves as co-chair of the firm's Securities Litigation, Enforcement & Compliance Practice Group, focusing her practice on securities arbitration and broker-dealer litigation. She represents national broker-dealers and registered representatives in arbitration, court and regulatory proceedings involving sales practice, compliance and employment matters.
Tara also assists municipal issuers (and other obligated persons) in public offerings, including continuing disclosure matters and regulatory investigations and enforcement actions. With the SEC's increasing focus in this area, having experienced counsel ready to assist and respond is critical. Tara also routinely assists in the preparation of written policies and procedures, which can help reduce the costs associated with these disclosure obligations and enforcement actions, as well as aiding in controlling your liability exposure under SEC Rule 15c2-12 and/or Rule 10(b)-5.
Tara holds an LL.M. in securities and financial institution regulation from Georgetown University Law School and is admitted to practice in California, Michigan and Oklahoma, as well as in the federal courts of Colorado, Ohio and Oklahoma. She appears regularly before the FINRA and the SEC, and interned with the California Department of Corporations.
An accomplished attorney, Tara has received numerous accolades for her legal work including Cum Laude, Nathan Burkan Memorial Competition for Copyright Law; American Jurisprudence Award and CALI Awards in Remedies and the Certificate of Special Tribute from the State of Michigan.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
Honors & Awards
- Cum Laude; Nathan Burkan Memorial Competition for Copyright Law
- American Jurisprudence Award and CALI Awards in Remedies
- Certificate of Special Tribute from the State of Michigan
- Speaker, "Advantages of Alternative Dispute Resolution and Arbitration," 2015 CPI & MACA Conference, March 26-28, 2015, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, Crowe & Dunlevy 2015 Securities Conference: Volatile Stock Markets and Your Senior Clients, December 1, 2015, Oklahoma City, OK