Bruce W. Day serves as the co-chair of the Securities Litigation, Enforcement & Compliance Practice Group and is a member of the Corporate & Securities, Energy, Environment & Natural Resources and Labor & Employment Practice Groups. Bruce has a national practice and represents and advises a variety of for profit and nonprofit businesses and organizations, church organizations, broker-dealer firms, investment advisors and individuals in sales practice, employment, regulatory and litigation matters. Bruce has appeared as defense counsel in FINRA Arbitration Proceedings in almost every state on behalf of the nation's largest securities firms. Additionally, he has represented energy companies engaged in financing and merger and acquisition activities.
Bruce lectures at continuing legal education seminars in the areas of alternative dispute resolution, general corporate law, employment, federal and state securities law and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Selected by peers and featured in the inaugural issue of Super Lawyers, he was also named for inclusion in Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America and Outstanding Lawyers of America.
Prior to joining the firm, Bruce served in the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C. and was subsequently appointed to serve as Administrator of the Oklahoma Department of Securities.
Bruce is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma College of Law and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma. He is admitted to practice law in Oklahoma, the Western District of Oklahoma, the Northern District of Oklahoma and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
An active contributor to the state and the community, Bruce has been very active in public service and civic matters. He was recently appointed by Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin to serve on the Oklahoma Commission of Educational Quality and Accountability. He served as Co-Founder and Co-Chair of Project KIDS (Keep Improving District Schools) and currently serves on the board of directors for the Oklahoma Health Center Foundation, The Economic Club of Oklahoma and as Co-Chair of The Economic Affairs Breakfast Group. Among others, he has served as the President of Leadership Oklahoma, on the board of Leadership Oklahoma City, and Oklahoma Futures. He is a member of The Economic Club of Oklahoma, Downtown Rotary Club and the Marine Corp Council.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
Honors & Awards
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers, Securities Litigation (2006-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America in Administrative/Regulatory Law, Litigation – Securities, Securities/Capital Markets Law (2013-Present)
- The Best Lawyers in America “Lawyer of the Year” in Securities/Capital Markets Law (2018)
- "A Timely Review of the Fiduciary Obligations of Bank Officers and Directors", 59 Oklahoma Bar Journal 35
- "Impact of Oklahoma Securities Act on Formation of Closely Held Corporations", 50 Oklahoma Bar Journal 1154
- "What Do You Mean My Client Violated the Securities Law?", 51 Oklahoma Bar Journal 453
- Speaker, Doing Business with China: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Crowe & Dunlevy Seminar (October 8, 2014)
- Speaker, "Advantages of Alternative Dispute Resolution and Arbitration," 2015 CPI & MACA Conference (March 26-28, 2015)
- Speaker, 2015 OIPA Annual Meeting (June 7, 2015)
- Speaker, Crowe & Dunlevy 2015 Securities Conference: Volatile Stock Markets and Your Senior Clients (December 1, 2015)
- Appointed to the Commission for Educational Quality and Accountability by Governor Fallin, 2015