Kari Hoffhines is a director in Crowe & Dunlevy’s Oklahoma City office and a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Banking & Financial Institutions Practice Groups. Her practice incorporates a broad range of commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions and sales, secured financing, office, retail and agricultural leasing, land use and development, as well as various other aspects of real estate and banking law. Kari has experience with institutional financing products including commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS), Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loans. She also has experience representing lenders, investors and property owners in large-scale land acquisition and financing transactions for industrial, manufacturing and renewable/alternative energy projects.
A member of the firm’s wind energy team, Kari counsels clients on real estate matters such as lease and easement interests, pipeline crossing issues, and title defects and title insurance coverage.
Kari graduated in 2011 from Oklahoma City University School of Law where she was on the faculty and dean’s honor rolls. She also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance from the University of Central Oklahoma. She is an active member of both the Oklahoma City Commercial Real Estate Council and the Oklahoma chapter of the Urban Land Institute.
Prior to joining the firm, Kari spent several years working at a commercial bank where she gained experience in commercial real estate lending and managed a trust department.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, Member
- Board of Directors of Commercial Real Estate Council of Oklahoma City, Board of Directors
- Urban Land Institute Oklahoma Chapter, Member
- CREW (Commercial Real Estate for Women) Oklahoma Chapter, Member
- Speaker, "Spousal Guarantor Challenges under Equal Credit Opportunity Act", Oklahoma Bankers Association, June 2016, Tulsa, OK
- Speaker, "Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) I.D. Issues, Mortgage Tax and Garnishments", Oklahoma Bankers Association, June 2016, Tulsa, OK