Thomas Snyder is a director in the firm’s Oklahoma City office. He serves as co-chair of the Criminal Defense, Compliance & Investigations Practice Group and a member of the Energy, Environment & Natural Resources and Healthcare Practice Groups.
Thomas specializes in white collar criminal defense and corporate compliance, internal investigations. He represents clients involved in a myriad of state and federal government investigations, including criminal, grand jury and regulatory matters, with special emphasis on environmental, False Claims Act and qui tam litigation. His practice also includes healthcare fraud and related investigations, securities and shareholder claims, anti-corruption and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Representative matters include:
- Successfully resolved Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Safe Drinking Water Act charges against an oil and gas related company
- Successfully obtained a declination for a medical provider accused of False Claims Act and Medicare overbilling
- Obtained a no-bill from a grand jury involving alleged public corruption against a company and two of its principals
- Obtained summary judgment against a qui tam relator in connection with alleged False Claims Act and illegal marketing against a medical practice
- Obtained closure of a government investigation involving alleged improper billing practices and False Claims Act charges against a hospital
Prior to joining the firm, Thomas served as an assistant U.S. attorney (AUSA) for the Southern District of California. As an AUSA, he handled a variety of cases involving the prosecution of federal crimes, including alien smuggling, controlled substance importation and trafficking, deported alien and illegal entry, bank robbery, firearms trafficking, immigration fraud, bulk cash smuggling, wire fraud and assault.
Thomas received his Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School, where he participated in the Harvard Defenders and worked at the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology. He received his bachelor’s degree in philosophy, magna cum laude, from Baylor University.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources Member
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America in Commercial Litigation (2018)
- Speaker, "Government Investigations," Oklahoma Bar Association Government & Administrative Law Practice Section CLE, December 13, 2013, Oklahoma City, OK
- Panelist, "Recent Changes to Fair Sentencing Act and Safety Valve Guidelines," American Bar Association Section of Litigation Roundtable - Trial Evidence Committee, March 18, 2014
- Speaker, "Key Regulatory Changes and Case Law Developments," 24th Annual Crowe & Dunlevy Healthcare Seminar, April 1, 2014, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, "Overview of Current Trends in Governmental Investigations," Tulsa County Bar Association CLE Seminar, February 13, 2015, Tulsa, OK
- Speaker, "Avoiding the Dust Bowl Days: Tips for Government Investigations," 25th Annual Crowe & Dunlevy Healthcare Update, April 16, 2015, Oklahoma City, OK
- Panelist, "Criminal Enforcement of Environmental Laws," American Bar Association Business Law Section Meeting, April 18, 2015, San Francisco, CA
- Speaker, "Threading the Needle," Crowe & Dunlevy Business Risk Management Symposium, April 20, 2016, Cushing, OK
- Speaker, "Remaining on Target: Preparing for Government Investigations and Minimizing Exposure," 26th Annual Crowe & Dunlevy Healthcare Update, May 3, 2016, Oklahoma City, OK
- Panelist, "Environmental Law: Smart Business Strategies," American Bar Association Business Law Section, August 25, 2016
- Speaker, "Federal Law: An Overview of Racketeering (Including State) and the Trial that Follows," Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, December 16, 2016, Oklahoma City, OK
- White Collar Crime, Adjunct Professor at Oklahoma City University School of Law