Libby Scott is a director in the firm’s Oklahoma City office and chairs the Administrative & Regulatory Practice Group. She primarily represents healthcare providers in state and federal administrative proceedings as well as all related litigation. Scott is also an active member of the Healthcare and Criminal Defense, Compliance & Investigations Practice Groups, handling government affairs and legislative issues.
Scott has represented clients in licensure and disciplinary issues before the following boards and authoritative entities:
- Oklahoma Medical Board
- Oklahoma Board of Nursing
- Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy
- Oklahoma Board of Osteopathic Examiners
- Oklahoma Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Oklahoma Board of Dentistry
- Oklahoma Health Care Authority
- Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Prior to joining the firm, Scott served as an Assistant Attorney General in Oklahoma, where she was a prosecutor and general counsel for various state agencies in administrative and judicial proceedings. Scott started her career in private practice in the areas of commercial litigation and banking law.
Scott is a member of the State Bar Association and the American Inns of Court. She received her law degree with honors from the University of Oklahoma College of Law, where she was Research Editor for the Oklahoma Law Review. In addition, she has bachelor’s degrees in Accounting and Economics from Oklahoma State University.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
- Oklahoma Attorney General, Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision - Assistant Attorney General
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Inns of Court - Luther Bohannon Chapter
- Speaker, "Navigating the Disciplinary Action Process - Oklahoma State Medical Board," Oklahoma Bar Association Annual Meeting, November 13, 2013, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, "Government Investigations," Oklahoma Bar Association Government & Administrative Law Practice Section CLE, December 13, 2013, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, "What Professionals and Their Employers Need to Know About Licensure Investigations and Hearings ," 24th Annual Crowe & Dunlevy Healthcare Seminar, April 1, 2014, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, "Twisters and Quakes: Emerging Healthcare Litigation Issues," 25th Annual Crowe & Dunlevy Healthcare Update, April 16, 2015, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, "Clearing the Hurdles: Prescription Drug Epidemic—Addressing Patient and Physician Involvement," 26th Annual Crowe & Dunlevy Healthcare Update (May 2016)
- Speaker, Oklahoma Hospital Association Annual Conference, November 2, 2016, Oklahoma City, OK
- OKC Junior League, Sustaining Member