Benjamin Davis is an associate in the business department for the firm’s Oklahoma City office. His practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions, banking and financial institutions, corporate business transactions and estate and trust administration.
Ben’s representative experience includes:
- Representation of buyers and sellers in connection with the sale of undeveloped, office, retail, multifamily and other commercial properties
- Representation of buyers and sellers in connection with the sale of farm and ranch land
- Representation of institutional lenders in real estate secured loan transactions
- Representation of shopping center owners in lease transactions with national and regional retail tenants
- Representation of lenders and owners in connection with real estate secured transactions, including acting as borrower’s counsel in connection with the assumption of CMBS loans
- Representation of clients in the purchase, transfer, or acquisition of assets and/or ownership interests in existing businesses
Benjamin is active in many local organizations, including serving as Chair of the Tulsa Authority for Recovery of Energy (TARE) and as a member of the Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma Tulsa fundraising board. He is also a Court Assistance Project Docket volunteer, representing low-income tenants in landlord-tenant disputes with the goal of helping them avoid eviction or, if tenancy is undesired or untenable, helping them reach an otherwise satisfactory resolution. In addition, Benjamin is an active member of the Oklahoma Bar and the Tulsa County Bar Association.
He received his Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics and Accounting from the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at Oklahoma State University, and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Oklahoma College of Law, where he was a member of the American Indian Law Review and the Dean’s Honor Roll. He is admitted to practice law in Oklahoma, and the United States District Courts for the Western and Northern Districts.
Outside the firm, Ben is an avid farmer and rancher where he and his family continue to raise cattle and grow wheat, in addition to operating a dairy. He also serves as Vice President and as a member of the board of directors for the Sirloin Club of Oklahoma, an organization that raises funds for Oklahoma’s youth livestock programs.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Sirloin Club of Oklahoma
- Mineral Lawyers Society
- Commercial Real Estate Council of Oklahoma City
- Urban Land Institute