J. Blake Johnson is an associate in the firm’s Oklahoma City office and is a member of the Litigation & Trial, Entertainment Law, Indian Law & Gaming, and Product Liability Practice Groups.
Blake is experienced in all stages of litigation and aggressively defends his clients’ interests. As a member of the of the firm’s Entertainment Practice Group, Blake represents professional athletes and athletic organizations as well as musical performers and performance venues in both litigation and transactional matters. Additionally, Blake has drafted legal code for tribal clients, and represented their interests in disputes with regulatory agencies and administrative bodies as a member of the Indian Law & Gaming Practice Group.
A graduate of the University of Oklahoma College of Law, Blake holds several honors including Order of the Coif, Order of the Barristers, and Law Review. He also is an American Bar Association Appellate Advocacy National Championship quarterfinalist and received the National Order of Scribes Legal Writing Award.
Blake received his bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Oklahoma, where he won the National Championship of College Debate in 2007. Championing his love for debate, Blake was the founding director of the Bay Area Urban Debate League, a nonprofit organization creating debate teams in inner-city high schools in the San Francisco bay area.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
- Bay Area Urban Debaters, Executive Director
- Debate Coach - University of Oklahoma, Stanford University, Kinkaid School (Houston), Jenks High School (Oklahoma)
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- Order of Scribe
- Pro Bono Service Award
- 2007 National Championship - College Debate
- A Sober Approach to Drugged Driving: Oklahoma’s HB 1441 and the Role of Courts, Oklahoma Law Review, 2015
- "Online Poker Could Open Door to More Opportunities for Oklahoma's Tribes," NewsOK Q&A
- "SQ 788, Federal Law and Oklahoma's Proposed Medical-Marijuana Regime," Cannabis Education & Advocacy Symposium Expo, February 2018
- Founding Director, Bay Area Urban Debate League
- Volunteer, National Urban Debate League
- Volunteer, University of Oklahoma Debate Team
- Volunteer, University of Oklahoma College of Law American Bar Association Appellate Advocacy Team