Melissa McDuffey is an associate in the firm’s Oklahoma City office. She is a member of the Labor & Employment and Litigation & Trial Practice Groups.
Melissa’s representative experience includes:
- Securing a motion to dismiss of a plaintiff’s public policy discharge claims, with affirmation from the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Successfully defending and securing summary judgment in favor of an employer against allegations of gender discrimination and retaliation
- Successfully defending a client against an allegation of violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act and Oklahoma Protection of Labor Act
- Successfully arguing and invalidating an opponent’s motion to dismiss a $1 million case with claims involving breach of a non-solicitation agreement, interference with a contract, unfair competition and violations of the Uniform Trade Secrets Act
Active in the legal industry, Melissa is a member of the American Bar Association and Oklahoma Bar Association. She frequently presents on employment law topics, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and workers’ compensation.
Melissa graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Law with honors. During law school, she was on the Dean’s List, a member of Phi Delta Phi, and served as a Note and Comment Editor for Oklahoma Law Review. Melissa received several honors and awards including selection into Order of the Coif and Order of Solicitors. She also earned American Jurisprudence Awards for Academic Excellence in Constitutional Law, Comparative Law, and Family Law. Additionally, she competed in the American Bar Association Representation in Mediation competition, where her team won both the regional and national titles in 2015.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma City Human Resources Society Diversity Council
- Speaker, “Employee Handbooks: Best Practices, Necessary Policies, and How They Can Help You,” Great Plains SHRM Chapter Meeting, September 13, 2017, Lawton, OK
- Speaker, Mid-America Technology Center Business Roundtable, November 3, 2016, Wayne, OK
- Speaker, "Walking the ADA Accommodation Tightrope: The Government Just Made the Rope Longer," Crowe & Dunlevy Labor & Employment Seminar, September 2016, Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK
- Speaker, "The Bermuda Triangle & Employment Decisions: Navigating through the ADA, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation," OCHRS Annual Law Update, March 24, 2016, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, Great Plains SHRM Chapter Meeting, October 14, 2015, Lawton, OK