Jennifer Lamirand is an associate in the firm’s Oklahoma City office and a member of the Indian Law & Gaming, Securities Litigation, Litigation & Trial, and Insurance Practice Groups. She is a member of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation and serves as an Associate Justice on the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Supreme Court.
Jennifer’s practice includes litigation matters of all dimensions with primary focuses on federal Indian law, tribal law, securities law, and contract law. She acts as an Assistant Attorney General or Assistant General Counsel for several tribal nations in Oklahoma. In that capacity she advises tribal nations on tribal governance matters, advises tribal nations and individuals on tribal law or federal Indian law, assists with the drafting of tribal resolutions and ordinances, assists with the drafting of tribal codes, and handles litigation matters in tribal courts, federal courts, and alternative dispute resolution forums. In her work for the Securities Litigation Practice Group, Jennifer assists in the representation of broker-dealers and brokers across the country in courts and self-regulatory organization dispute resolution forums, including all aspects of litigation from initial pleadings through trial.
Prior to joining Crowe & Dunlevy, Jennifer worked as a litigation attorney at an international law firm based in Los Angeles, California. While in Los Angeles, she represented a range of clients from national and international financial institutions and insurance companies to local businesses in litigation before state and federal courts and alternative dispute resolution forums. Her work encompassed shareholder class actions, insurance coverage disputes, insurance claims disputes, mortgage foreclosures, patent infringement litigation, collection disputes, and contract disputes. She also volunteered with Public Counsel of Los Angeles through their Pro Bono Adoption Program, providing legal assistance to potential parents going through the adoption process, and served on the Los Angeles County Bar Diversity in the Profession Committee.
Jennifer holds a Master of Laws degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). She graduated from the LSE with merit and received distinctions in International Business Transactions: Commercial Litigation, International Business Transactions: Transnational Torts, and Art and Antiquities Law.
Jennifer graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame Law School where she received her Juris Doctor and entered the Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity. She also graduated magna cum laude from Oklahoma State University where she received a Bachelor of Arts in English.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
- Associate Justice on the Supreme Court of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation
- Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, LLP, Los Angeles, CA
Professional Associations & Memberships
- National Native American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Committee
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Oklahoma Indian Bar Association
- Notre Dame Alumni Association, Oklahoma City Chapter
- Oklahoma Bar Association Indian Law Section, Budget Officer/Treasurer (2017)
- Public Counsel of Los Angeles, Pro Bono Adoption Program
- Oklahoma Indian Legal Services, Past Volunteer
- Heart of Oklahoma Council of Camp Fire, Past Member of Board of Directors
- Family Career and Community Leaders of America, Past Member of Alumni Board of Directors
- Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park, Board of Directors