Micah Adkison is an associate in the firm’s Oklahoma City office and a member of the Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Practice Group.
Micah graduated with distinction from the University of Oklahoma College of Law. During law school, he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Oil and Gas, Natural Resources, and Energy Journal (ONE J).He maintained his position on the Dean’s Honor Roll for each of his six semesters in law school, received the 1L Moot Court Distinguished Speaker Award and the American Jurisprudence Award for his performance in Mineral Title Examination. He was an active member of the Oil and Gas, Natural Resources, and Energy Society (ONE S) and the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society. Micah was also the recipient of the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Scholarship. Giving back to the community, he volunteered as an income tax preparer for low-income individuals accumulating more than 65 hours of pro bono service during his final two years in law school.
Micah is dedicated to client care and takes pride in being responsive and thorough in addressing his client’s legal needs. He has experience in oil and gas royalty litigation, contractual disputes, including disputes under joint operating agreements, oil and gas lease review, defending oil and gas lease cancellation suits, surface damage disputes, and an array of tort litigation, including pollution and nuisance cases.
Micah received his Bachelor of Science in political science from Tarleton State University. He also holds a certificate in Petroleum Land Management from the Meinders School of Business at Oklahoma City University. Prior to attending law school, Micah served more than 14 years in the United States Marine Corps, departing service as a major. While on active duty, he deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, the Horn of Africa and Okinawa.
Micah invites you to connect with him on LinkedIn.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Mineral Lawyers’ Society of Oklahoma City
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Institute for Energy Law
Honors & Awards
- Joint Service Commendation Medal
- Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal with gold star
- The Significant Nexus Test: Why the Waters of the United States are so Murky
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- Oklahoma Bar Association Ask-A-Lawyer Program
- Board of Directors - Bruce K. Edwards Evangelistic Association, Inc.
- Major, United States Marine Corps (2000 – 2014)