Alison Howard is a director in the firm's Oklahoma City office and chair of the Employee Benefits & ERISA Practice Group. She concentrates her practice on healthcare and employee benefits law and also handles complex civil litigation and appeals. Alison is admitted to practice in Oklahoma, the U.S. District Court for the districts of Oklahoma and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. Alison is listed in Best Lawyers in appellate practice and rated by Super Lawyers as an Oklahoma Rising Star in employee benefits and ERISA law.*
Active in the community, Alison is a member of the Oklahoma and American Bar Associations and participates in the American Health Lawyers Association and Oklahoma Lawyers for Children. Her publications include “Work Health Benefit Issues in Flux” in The Oklahoman, “Payors, Providers, and the Courts: An Update on State and Federal Litigation” in the American Health Lawyers Association and "Oklahoma's Collateral Order Doctrine? The Appealability of Pre-Judgment Orders after Hammonds” in the Oklahoma Bar Journal.
Alison received her degree in English and pre-medicine from the University of Notre Dame, where she was a member of the English Honor Society and recipient of the Knute Rockne Student Athlete Award in Track and Field. She continued her education at Notre Dame Law School, where she was honored as a Notre Dame Law School Scholar, as well as a first-year Moot Court “Best Speaker.”
Alison enjoyed 16 years living abroad in Germany, Panama, Canada, and finally in England, where she completed the Concannon Program of International Law, consisting of courses and seminars in comparative and international law.
*Crowe & Dunlevy has no input in the rating methodologies used by Best Lawyers or Oklahoma Super Lawyers.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
- University of Notre Dame, Office of the General Counsel, Law Clerk
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Holloway Inn of Court
- Federal Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Best Lawyers
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America in Appellate Practice (2011-Present)
- "Payors, Providers, and the Courts: An Update on State and Federal Litigation", American Health Lawyers Association Law Conference for Health Plans, Providers, and Insurers, (Co-author with Kevin D. Gordon), 2004
- "Oklahoma's Collateral Order Doctrine? The Appealability of Pre-Judgment Orders After Hammonds" (co-author Harvey Ellis), Oklahoma Bar Journal
- Speaker, "Be Ready for the Land Run: Emerging ACA Issues," 25th Annual Crowe & Dunlevy Healthcare Update (April 2015)
- Speaker, "Affordable Care Act Mid-Year Update," McAlester Council Meeting (July2015)
- Speaker, "Diving into the Details: Affordable Care Act and Employee Benefits Issues," 26th Annual Crowe & Dunlevy Healthcare Update (May 2016)
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children