Cori H. Loomis is a director in the Business Department and a member of the Firm's Healthcare practice group. Her primary focus is on the representation of health care providers with transactional, compliance, reimbursement, legislative and regulatory compliance issues.
In 2010, Ms. Loomis was listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Administrative/Regulatory Law by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers and ranked by Chambers U.S.A. in Corporate/Commercial: Healthcare. She also received a Leadership in the Law award from the Journal Record in 2010 and was accepted to the Oklahoma Bar Association Leadership Academy in 2011. Ms. Loomis was selected by Governor Mary Fallin to the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, for a term started in November 2011.
Ms. Loomis graduated with special distinction from the University of Oklahoma in 1991 and with honors from the University of Texas School of Law in 1994.
Ms. Loomis started her legal career as an associate at Crowe & Dunlevy from 1994-2001. She became the Director of Compliance and Privacy Official for the University of Oklahoma in 2001 and served as General Counsel for the Oklahoma State Medical Association from 2003 to 2006. She returned to private practice in 2006 and rejoined Crowe & Dunlevy in October of 2008.
Ms. Loomis is involved in charitable and civic activities by serving as a board member of Community Health Charities from 2007 through 2011 and as a member of the Church of the Servant Administrative Council since 2009. She also was elected to the board of Prevent Blindness and began her term in January 2011. She volunteers and participates in activities and fundraisers for Deer Creek and Crossings Christian Schools where her three sons attend, and was elected to the Crossing Christian School Parent Teacher Fellowship Board, for a term from September 2011 through August 2012.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
- Oklahoma State Medical Association (General Counsel, 2003-2006)
- The University of Oklahoma (Director of Compliance and Privacy Official, 2001-2003)
- Crowe & Dunlevy (Associate, 1994-2001)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association, (Health Law Section), Elected Health Law Section Budget Officer (2010) and Secretary (2011)
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Oklahoma Board of Nursing (Term started November 2011)
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Administrative/Regulatory Law by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers (2010)
- Ranked by Chambers U.S.A. in Corporate/Commercial Healthcare (2010- present)
- Received a Leadership in the Law award from the Journal Record (2010)
- Oklahoma Bar Association Leadership Academy (2011)
- Speaker (with Karen S. Rieger), "2013: A Year In Review", Oklahoma Bar Association Annual Meeting, November 13, 2013, Oklahoma City, OK
- Panelist, "Affordable Care Act and Insurance Options," Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, October 29, 2013, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, "The ACA: A Confusing Act," Home Health & Hospice Leadership Symposium, July 24, 2013, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, "Healthcare Reform Update for Employers," Society for Human Resource Management, October 13, 2010, Lawton, OK
- Speaker, "Healthcare Reform Update for Employers," Oklahoma City Human Resources Society, September 23, 2010
- Speaker (with Christopher B. Keim), "New Licensee - Legal Issues Seminar," Oklahoma State Chiropractic Independent Physicians Association, June 5, 2010, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker (with Christopher B. Keim), "Emerging E.H.R. Issues and Federal Healthcare Reform Update," Crowe & Dunlevy Health Law Update, April 1, 2010, Oklahoma City, OK
- Speaker, "The Olympic Torch: Illuminating Health Law Issues for Employers," Crowe & Dunlevy Labor and Employment Seminar, February 4, 2010, Oklahoma City, OK and February 11, 2010, Tulsa, OK
- Speaker, "Healthcare Reform," Professional Healthcare Network Meeting," January 13, 2010
- Speaker (with Karen S. Rieger), "Healthcare Reform," Oklahoma Association of Health Plan Annual Meeting, January 6, 2010
- Community Health Charities (Board member since 2007)
- Church of the Servant Administrative Council (Member since 2009)
- Prevent Blindness Oklahoma (Board member since 2011)
- Regular volunteer at Crossing Christian School and Deer Creek High School
- Crossing Christian School Parent Teacher Fellowship Board (September 2011 - August 2012)