Roger A. Stong is an experienced business lawyer, whose practice focuses on corporate, securities and bankruptcy reorganization law. Stong has represented clients in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings, securities law compliance and other general corporate and securities matters and has represented private and public companies in bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy liquidations and reorganizations, with particular emphasis on bankruptcy-related acquisitions and dispositions, debtor-in-possession financings and plans of reorganization.
Stong has particular expertise in the energy industry, having served as issuer counsel to oil and gas exploration production companies in public and private offerings and as underwriters’ counsel in an initial public offering of a master limited partnership engaged in oil and gas production in 2013. He has also represented oil and gas production companies and oilfield service companies in asset acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions, as well as general operational business matters.
He has previously served as the outside general counsel to a privately-held agricultural chemical and specialty chemical distribution business and its affiliates and to a publicly-held retail grocery business.
Stong has been active in law firm management, currently serving as Chairman of the Business Department and Chairman of the Corporate and Securities Section. He previously served as the President (2008-2012), Vice President Economics (2002-2008) and as a member of the Executive Committee (2002-2012).
He is listed in Best Lawyers in the fields of Banking and Finance Law, Banking and Creditor Rights, Business Organizations, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Corporate Governance, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities Law and Venture Capital Law. He has also been named Best Lawyers 2016 Lawyer of the Year for Securities/Capital Markets Law (OKC) and is ranked in Chambers USA (Band I – Corporate/Commercial Law).
View Printable Bio (PDF)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Business and Corporate Law Section (Chair, 2002 — 2003)
- "Alternative Dispute Resolution", Integrated Health Care Delivery Systems Manual: Business and Legal Forms, 1994
- "Alternative Dispute Resolution", Health Law Practice Guide, 1994
- "Alternative Dispute Resolution and the Physician - The Use of Mediation to Resolve Hospital - Staff Medical Conflicts", 7 The Medical Staff Counselor 1, 1993
- "NHLA Alternative Dispute Resolution System", Gosfied (ed), 1992 Health Law Handbook, 1992
- "Legal Update: Mergers and Acquisitions," Oklahoma Bankers Association Leadership Forum and Annual Convention, May 19, 2015, Oklahoma City, OK
- "Commodities Issues for the New Millennium," 14th Annual Bankruptcy Law Seminar, Oklahoma Bar Association, 2002