John Thompson serves as a shareholder and director for Crowe & Dunlevy in the firm’s Oklahoma City office. John concentrates his practice in the litigation of complex business matters and commercial transactions.
John’s practice covers a wide range of commercial transactions and business litigation which regularly involves matters relating to financial institutions, real estate transactions, construction disputes, aircraft transactions, securities, mergers and acquisitions. He also has extensive experience representing financial institutions in connection with debt restructures and loan workouts. During the course of his career, John has represented leading corporations in a variety of industries in both state and federal courts, as well as various arbitration and administrative forums.
John is admitted to practice in all state courts in Oklahoma, as well as the United States District Courts for the Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. He is a member of the Oklahoma and American Bar Associations. John is also a Certified Public Accountant (non-practicing) and is a member of the Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants (non-practicing).
John's achievements include recognition on the 2016 Top 50 attorneys list by Oklahoma Super Lawyers, 2008 and 2010 editions of Oklahoma Rising Stars recognizing the state's top up-and-coming attorneys, inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers since 2011, and in Best Lawyers for the specialties of Commercial Litigation, Construction Law and Bet-the-Company Litigation since 2009.* John was recently named Best Lawyers 2016 Lawyer of the Year in the field of Real Estate Litigation (OKC).* He has also been inducted into the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. John recently served as Crowe & Dunlevy’s vice president of economics and finance and as a member of the firm's Executive Management committee.
John received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting (‘94), Master of Business Administration degree (‘98) and Juris Doctor (‘98) from the University of Oklahoma.
*Crowe & Dunlevy has no input in the rating methodologies used by Oklahoma Super Lawyers or Best Lawyers.
View Printable Bio (PDF)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers 2016 Lawyer of the Year (Litigation - Real Estate)*
- The Best Lawyers in America in Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Finance Law, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Real Estate, Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law (2009 - Present)
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers Top 50 2016*
- Speaker, "Emerging Legal Issues," Oklahoma Bankers Association Community Leadership & Senior Management Conference, April 8, 2013, Palm Springs, CA